St Tropez Fake Tan
This shop has been replaced by salonrange.com, under the same managment.
For all St Tropez Tan Products Click Here.
If you are looking for an easy to use fake tan product that gives long lasting realistic results then St Tropez Tan has got to be for you. As the sunshine comes to an end, your tan does not have too! The St Tropez range offers everything you need for a perfect all over tan.
All of our St Tropez range is discounted by up to 20% to ensure that our prices remain competitive and with Free delivery on orders with a value higher than £35.00 you can be confident that we offer the most competitive online prices.
We stock all retail St Tropez products - If St Tropez make it, we stock it! Check out our St Tropez Gift sets area for some great value St Tropez Tanning sets that you won't find anywhere else! All St Tropez products are UK sourced.
The Full St Tropez Tan Range:
St Tropez Tan Step One - Body Polish
St Tropez Body Polish will uncover smoother, softer skin. St Tropez exfoliant will refine and renew skin to create an even longer lasting tan - leaving your body feeling polished all over.
St Tropez Tan Step Two - Moisturise
Prolong your fake tan by ensuring the skin remains fully moisturised before and during using fake tan treatment.
St Tropez Tan Step Three - The Tanning
This specialist formulation is easy to use and apply in order to give you a natural looking fake tan.
St Tropez Box Sets
These St Tropez sets make ideal gifts or save money and time and buy all three steps in one box!. Each kit contains everything you need for the perfect tan.
St Tropez Accessories
Finish that perfect tan off! - We offer a full range of St Tropez Tanning accessories to help you maintain a great looking tan all year round!
View our entire St Tropez Range on One Page
To save having to click from page to page - view all St Tropez tan Products in one place.
St Tropez Tan in the press:
St Tropez has featured several times in Vogue, Tatler, Looks, New Woman,
Hello, OK, Harpers and Queen, Essentials, Now, Shine, Glamour, Company,
She, Cosmo, Bella, Eve, Heat, Marie Claire and all the national newspapers
and Sunday glossies. It has received superb coverage and been used by
many celebrities including Victoria Beckham.
"I have yet to find anyone who is less than impressed with the final result" Vogue.
"It's long lasting, natural looking, and there is no other self tan to touch it" Harpers and Queen.
"The classic - every British girl's best friend" Tatler.
"Choice of models and actresses for the most natural tan around" Shine.
"Loved by the entire troupe from models 1 and elite along with Anastasia, Victoria Beckham, Denise Van Outen and Cat Deeley, St Tropez is still the favourite tan treatment." Daily Express.
Frequently asked questions:
Q. What do I need to do prepare my skin before applying St Tropez
You will need to clean and exfoliate the skin thoroughly, then moisturise difficult areas only, such as knees, ankles, elbows etc.
Q. How dark is it on really fair/pale skin?
For people with really fair skin the product will give them a natural healthy glow, for a deeper tan a second application may need to be applied. St Tropez tan will obviously look darker on people with olive skin.
Q. What should I wear whilst I'm waiting for the tan develop?
It is advised to wear loose baggy clothing, so the tan does not rub off by abrasive clothing.
Q. How long should I wait before showering?
A minimum of 3 hours.
Q. Does the tan go orange?
No. The formulation has a tint of green in it which prevents the tan from going orange.
Q. How long will the tan last for?
Some people report tans lasting up to two weeks. On average we recommend that a tan will last a minimum of 7 - 10 days.
Q. Do you think I should attend the salon first before using the
Many customers use the product confidently at home and achieve success by following the instructions accurately or watching the instruction video (see our accessories page). You may feel happier attending the salon at first, to get use to the nature of the product and how it applies, for the first time and then top up at home in future.
Q. Will it wash off?
Only if you attempted to bathe before the tan was fully developed, during the four hour period. Once the tan has developed you can shower or bathe as normal.
Q. Can I go swimming?
Swimming in the sea on holiday is fine. However, swimming in baths is not advised as chlorine bleaches the tan.
Q. Can I sunbathe with this product?
The self tan product has no SPF factors in it. Therefore normal protection products would need to be applied on top to sunbathe. We offer a SP15 sports lotion - see our accessories area.
Q. Does the product smell?
The product has a pleasant aromatic scent.
Q. Can vitiligo sufferers use St Tropez?
Yes. Vitiligo sufferers find that this product does help to cover their condition and we have produced a set of application directions specifically for vitiligo sufferers.
Q. I am allergic to other self-tanning products - will I be allergic
to this product?
It is very likely that you are allergic to the DHA's present in self tan products. The St Tropez self tan also has these present.
The St Tropez range of products was developed to achieve the perfect self tan. It is very different to any other on the market and so is the application. It is the Aloe Vera base which takes the tan into the skin. This means there is no need to massage the tan into the skin. In fact, if you over rub the tan you will take it off. So, it is very important to note that you do not over rub or massage the tan.
Tinted guide colour
The tan has a tinted guide colour to make the application much easier. You can see exactly where you have put the tan. The guide colour is a pure vegetable dye which will not stain your clothing when dry. Even if it does come off on clothing it will wash straight out. It is this guide colour which gives the 'instant tan look'. After four hours, when the tan has developed, this guide colour can be washed off.
One strength tan
St Tropez is a one strength tan. This means that it will only develop to a maximum strength. It is therefore impossible to put too much product on to the skin. Any excess product will be wasted. As long as all the surface area of skin is covered the tan cannot streak. To obtain a darker tan it is necessary to repeat the process after the original tan has developed. For a lighter tan, custom blend by mixing the tan with St Tropez body moisturiser.
1. Exfoliate. Concentrate on the elbows, hands, knees, ankles and feet.
2. Moisturise the elbows, hands knees, ankles and feet.
Applying the tan
1. We recommend using Latex gloves for application of the tan. Start with the legs. Apply the tan with an even stroking movement finishing at the ankle. Do not over rub. Blend the tan into the foot using St Tropez moisturiser. Use St Tropez wipes or a tissue or to remove any tan from the toenails. Take care to check that you have applied the tan evenly. You will see a white patch if you have missed any area. Simply reapply the tan to any areas you may have missed. Wash your hands if you have got any of the tanning product on them.
2. Repeat this procedure on the mid section taking the tan up to neck. Wash your hands if you have got any of the tanning product on them.
3. The tan can be used full strength on the face. However, if you prefer a lighter tan on the face this can be achieved by custom blending. To custom blend the tan mix it with St Tropez moisturiser in equal proportions. The more moisturiser you use the lighter the tan will be. Apply the tan to the face and spread evenly. Using a mix of tan and moisturiser, blend the tan down the neck to the collarbone. Wash your hands if you have got any of the tanning product on them.
4. Apply the tan to the outer arms, finishing at the wrists. Mix the tan and moisturiser in equal portions and apply to the inner arms, finishing at the wrists. Scrub your hands thoroughly. Apply a small amount of tan to the back of one hand and rub the back of both hands together. Then blend the tan into the hands using the moisturiser. Use St Tropez wipes or a tissue or to remove any tan from the palms and fingernails. St Tropez Remover (see accessories) may also be used up to 4 hours after the application to correct any errors with the application or to easily remove the tan from the palms.
Don't worry if the guide colour looks streaky. When it is dry (10-15 mins) gently stroke off the streaks with a dry flannel. Or we recommend applying the tan in the evening and wash the guide colour off the next morning. Moisturise daily. This will help maintain your tan. St Tropez tan contains no sun protection. Always use a sunscreen when exposed to the sun.
St. Tropez will never go orange because it has a hint of green in the formulation.
Because of the covering power of St Tropez self tan, it has proved to be very effective for use on Vitiligo, stretch marks and scar tissue.