Professional Brazilian waxing leaves a natural looking central strip of hair. A pre-wax solution is used to cleanse the area and prepare the skin. Warm cream wax is applied and removed using waxing strips - just as with a normal bikini wax.
Tea tree after wax is then applied to the skin - which will have a cooling and soothing effect on the waxed area.
Celebrities such as Demi Moore to Gwyneth Paltrow have been said to start the current Brazilian craze but the real master minds behind the Brazilian wax are reportedly seven true Brazilian sisters. They first introduced this waxing style to New York in 1987 at J. Sisters International Salon in Manhattan. It was then that these celebrity endorsements followed. Even Gwyneth Paltrow is said to have reported that her first Brazilian wax "changed her life".
What exactly is a Brazilian bikini wax?
The traditional Brazilian is less about the landing strip left in front but more about the complete hair removal of everything behind. Brazilian waxing is not for the modest as it is basically done "in the buff.
Will you be embarrassed?
Stripping down to nothing in front of a stranger will feel a bit awkward for many first time waxers - but do keep in mind:
• You are with a professional
• Nobody is judging you
• You are not the hairiest person they have seen - neither is your bum the biggest
• The whole experience is rather clinical
• A trained, fully qualified therapist will remove any unwanted hair as quickly and painlessly as possible, usually in about 10-30 minutes
• When it comes to the eternal question of pain, everyone has a different thresholds so there no right answer here but pain killers (not aspirin) taken around one hour before any waxing treatment can help reduce any pain you may experience
• You should expect to experience some discomfort during waxing but in our opinion, that momentary discomfort is so worth it. Hello soft, smooth skin and goodbye razor burn, ingrown hairs and not least that post shave itching that we all just love!
• No hot baths or showers for 24 hours
• No sunbeds or sun exposure for at least 24 hours
• Wear loose clothing after treatment
Upgrade to Hot Wax: Additional £10.00
Hot wax is less painful and works well with shorter hairs.
What other customers said about this treatment
Charlotte in Bristol on 25-01-2017 - Rated 10 out of 10.
It was a very professional, friendly therapist who did a wonderful job.
Indya in Bristol on 06-06-2016 - Rated 10 out of 10.
This was my first Hollywood wax and I was very pleased with the results, to the point that I will be booking regular waxes with the salon. I paid extra for the new hot wax and explained how this can reduce pain, ingrowing hair and overall beneficial. A wonderful experience, looking forward to returning.
This client submitted a comment for a similar treatment - Hollywood Waxing
Victoria in Kingswood on 01-02-2016 - Rated 10 out of 10.
Relieved as it wasnt as painful as I thought
Laura in Kingswood on 28-01-2016 - Rated 9 out of 10.
Relaxing and friendly environment. Excellent and very professional. Excellent finish, looking forward to next treatment!
Nicola in Bristol on 20-01-2016 - Rated 10 out of 10.
Always have had great service at Victoria`s beauty. Staff always professional and put you at ease. Good results from treatment. Treatment rooms are very relaxing.
Customers who received this treatment ultimately went on to book ...
Helps to soothe tight sore muscles and release tension in the back and shoulders...
Gift Vouchers to Buy Online
Stuck for gift ideas? Why not treat someone special to a relaxing massage, facial, or anything else that might take their fancy!
Click here for full details